Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Tornado Outbreak

The April 27 tornado outbreak throughout the Southeast is old news now, but I wasn't online at the time. There was a lot of activity and damage all around us, but we got off lucky. One big twister touched down and wrecked a nearby subdivision, then rose and passed right over us.

The following pictures were taken on my first expedition outside after the morning storm. There would be a much bigger tornado and much more damage later on that afternoon.

078


A blocked road

I'm going to post more tornado damage photos over the next several days.

1 comment:

Carly said...

OH MY GOD!

Awesome photos! I was thinking about you when I heard about the storms, so glad to know you came out ok! Love the new photoblog BTW. The black background really makes the pics stand out! Whew... stay safe! Drop me an email when you can and get me caught up with all things Duane.

TTYS
Carly