Saturday, April 10, 2010

Round Robin Challenge: An Almost Photo

If I understand the point of this Round Robin Challenge, the idea is to post a photo (or several) that didn't turn out exactly as you planned them.  That's pretty much the opposite of my usual routine -- to throw out all the photos that didn't work and show you the good ones -- but here goes...

This photo was a timing problem.  It was my first (and so far, only) trip to a NASCAR race.  I was trying to take a photo of the cars as they passed my seat in Turn Three lined up for the start of the race.  At the exact moment I went to snap the photo, the lady sitting in front of me suddenly threw up her banner.  Not too bad of a photo, but not exactly what I was going for.  Think she might be a Jeff Gordon fan?



This photo was taken in Chickamauga Battlefield not long after I purchased my camera.  I was still trying to work out all of the controls and settings.  I was set up to take landscape photos when we (my wife, my grandson and I) suddenly came upon a herd of deer in an open field to the right.  Before I could change lenses and settings the deer were spooked by our presence and took off, running through the field and crossing the road far in front of us to get to the safety of the woods.  I snapped what I could get, but it wasn't quite good enough.



Most of my photo mistakes are due to lighting problems.  Here I was trying to get a photo of this cannon at Point Park on Lookout Mountain overlooking Chattanooga.  The cannon was in the shade and the the city below was in bright sunshine.  To get the cannon properly exposed the city below was severely washed out.



And finally another photo ruined because I didn't know what I was doing with my new camera and another bad lighting problem -- it was nighttime. 


Posted by Picasa

Check out the Round Robin blog for this and other challenges and play along with us. Check out the linking list to see what all the other Round Robins came up with this week.

No comments: