Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ellipsis Photo Shoot: Stairs

The topic for this week's Ellipsis Photo Shoot is Stairs...
Going up? Coming down? Either direction is fine. This week, I simply want to see some stairs! Archived photos are fine, but as always, new photos are encouraged. If you do decide to go with an archived photo, please try to make it one we haven't seen before, or at least in the last 6 months. :)

Extra Credit: Show me some stairs of historical or cultural interest.
When I first saw this assignment, I immediately thought of the Stairs to Nowhere in front of the Tennessee Aquarium in downtown Chattanooga. Since I couldn't get downtown this week, to the archives we go.

This is a very old photo taken many years ago with my trusty old point-and-shoot Olympus showing the Stairs to Nowhere. They go up, then right back down the other side.



As you can see in this much newer (but still old photo), they're very ornamental in front of the building.  I'm not too sure that they have any cultural or historical interest.


Posted by Picasa



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: