Sunday, February 22, 2009

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Light Moves

Oops! I was excited about finally being able to participate in a Round Robin Photo Challenge again. And it was an easy subject: Light Moves -- Take a picture that shows the quality of the light. By that I mean the hues of a sunset, water reflected on water, refracted light, something interesting with light. What could be easier? After all, photography is just using aperture and shutter speed to harness, control or manipulate light. Any interesting photo should have something to say about the quality of light.

But I digest. I was excited, but you're supposed to post your photo(s) for the Round Robin Photo Challenge on a certain day. I was thinking it was Sunday, but no, it was supposed to be posted before Sunday. Sorry, but in the spirit that it's still Saturday somewhere, here's my entry. Don't laugh, it's the first time in many, many years that I've had a camera that was capable of some night photography...

Light Streaks


Light Streaks 2

This is a couple of shots taken from Missionary Ridge. You can see I-24 to the left as it curves up through the gap in the ridge. Chattanooga comprises most of the other lights you see. Lookout Mountain can be detected in the background.

This is a more realistic shot -- maybe a little darker than how it really looked...

Passing Through Chattanooga at Night

No comments: