Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ellipsis Photo Shoot: RED

Now that I've finally got a new camera and am a photographer again, I'm able to participate in Carly's weekly photo shoots at Ellipsis again. This week's topic is red. I've mulled it over and this advertisement for Coca-Cola is all I've got for now, but I'll think about it some more...

Bottles and Cans

This is the red part of my beverage bottle and can collection. This is about a third of the complete collection. It started out as a Coke collection, but has grown into a collection of assorted beverages. It's nothing fancy, mostly just items I've picked up at the local convenience store. I look for "special" items and put them up instead of just drinking them like most people.

Coca-Cola has the market on red in the beverage industry. On the back row are bottles and cans from the Beijing Olympics. There are five cans and nine bottles each featuring a different country. In the front row on both sides are assorted Coke Christmas bottles and cans. In the middle is a set of Coke Olympics nesting "cans" and a couple of Olympics pins.

Also up there somewhere are some NASCAR tie-ins, two Coke mugs and pill boxes, two Budweiser items (a bottle and a can) and a Mountain Dew. Oh, and a tomahawk. It's a homemade (in someone else's home) Braves tomahawk. I put it up there because it had a red A on the ax part, then absent-mindedly covered that part of it up. All you can see is the curved brown handle.

The oldest item is a Coke TVA 50th anniversary bottle from 1983. The only empty item is a Mexican Coke bottle. I occasionally buy a Mexican Coke from the local bodega, but haven't saved a full bottle yet. They're made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and taste quite different from an American Coke.

No comments: