Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ellipsis Photo Shoot: Houses of Worship

Here are a couple of photos I held back from Friday's snowy photo excursion so that they would be fresh for this week's edition of Carly's Ellipsis Photo Shoot. The topic this week is Houses of Worship...
EMPS #74: HOUSES OF WORSHIP
The art of Architecture fascinates me, and some of the most beautiful examples of that art seem to be HOUSES OF WORSHIP. So, for this week's assignment, please show me the HOUSES OF WORSHIP in your area. From simple country churches, to big city cathedrals, to mosques, or temples ... it's all good. And yes, feel free to show me an archived photo this week, but please make sure it's one you haven't previously displayed in at least 6 months or so.

Extra Credit: Show me a Stained Glass Window.
I don't think the architecture of this particular church is what Carly was looking for. It's actually quite plain and that breezeway off to the left connects to an ugly, generic, gymnasium-type building that I couldn't bring myself to include in the picture. There are many more architecturally interesting churches around the area, but, sadly, this was the only one along my route Friday.

I got the extra credit.  You can see more detail of the stained glass window by clicking the photos and going large.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: